An Eye Opener
Before we get too far into this post we suggest you take this short quiz created by the VisitNC group. No worries, they aren’t trying to sell you anything and you don’t have to sign up for anything. It could turn out to be a real eye-opener. In fact what most of you will find out is how much you’re paying your boss by not using your vacation time each year. Plus, as you are about to see taking a vacation is good for you in more than one way.
5 Reasons You Need A Vacation
People who fail to use their PTO have a significant loss of quality family time. This of course, makes sense. If all you do is work, it’s hard to enjoy quality time with family and friends. Something we all need. Need more convincing? Here are 5 reasons the experts say you need a vacation:
- Vacations make you happier. Neuroscientists discovered that the structure of the brain can actually be altered by chronic exposure to excessive stress which contributes to depression and anxiety. On the other hand, people who take regular vacations report feeling extremely happy with an overall feeling of well-being compared to those who didn’t vacation.
- Stress is one of the major contributors to heart disease and high blood pressure. Long-term studies in both men and women have shown that vacations can reduce the risk of heart disease and heart attack. (2010 Framingham Heart Study)
- Vacationing with your family and loved ones help create lasting bonds and connections leading to more fulfilling relationships. Studies have found women who take vacations with spouses report feeling more satisfied with their marriages. Creating amazing and long-lasting family memories can’t happen if you’re never with your family or in a position to make those memories. Family vacations allow you to create more memories than any other activity.
- This may sound surprising to some but those employees who vacation are actually more productive than those who do not. Additionally, employees who take vacation have fewer sick days.
- Finally, employees report being more creative and having improved quality of work after taking a vacation.
Note: For all the details and even more reasons to take a vacation Click here.
Planning Your Ocean Isle Beach Vacation
Now that you know planning your next Ocean Isle Beach vacation is literally going to improve your health, productivity and relationships there is no reason not to jump right into the planning process. Our friendly and experienced reservationist are standing by to help answer all your questions about your next Ocean Isle Beach Vacation. However, before you start, take a moment and read our previous post: How to Plan Your 2018 Beach Vacation which is loaded with helpful information.
Top 5 Reasons to Book on National Plan For Vacation Day
1- Book Direct and save- Forget those third-party booking agencies. When you book direct you unlock the best of Williamson Realty’s customer service. We have dedicated maintenance teams and reservationists. But best of all you can save up to 10% on the cost of a vacation when you book direct as opposed to booking with a third party booking agency.
2- Book Early- This guarantees you lock in your rate as well as allows you plenty of time to take advantage of our large inventory of homes. When you book early you’ll find exactly the vacation home you and your family have been dreaming about all winter.
3- Easy Budgeting- When you book early in the year it gives you months to save and plan your families’ vacation budget which makes for a less stressful vacationing experience.
4-First in line- When you book your vacation early it means you put in your time off request early at work. By requesting your time off early in the year you can ensure you get the days off you want. Don’t wait until the last minute when all your co-workers are trying to take time off. Plan ahead and enjoy.
5- Enjoy Planning- Once you’ve booked your vacation you can relax a bit and start planning all the fun things you and your family will do during your Ocean Isle Beach vacation. From golf to fishing, kayaking to amazing day trips there is no shortage of things to do and see on Ocean Isle Beach. Trust us, you’ll need five months to plan all the fun you’re going to have. Need some ideas on fun things to do? Check out our previous post: 10 of the Best Family Thing To Do In Ocean Isle Beach.