The Ocean Isle Beach Fishing Pier has been a local landmark for over 6 decades. Today we’re putting the spotlight on this beloved attraction and giving you the rundown on everything you need to know about it.
If you’re a big fan of fishing off the pier or you love staying nearby so you can stroll it when you please, then check out the Williamson Realty Vacations Ocean Isle Beach vacation rental map that shows you the rentals which are located closest and most conveniently to the pier.
We strive to make it easy for you to be where youwant to be during your NC beach vacation. Now, back to the pier!
Was the Ocean Isle Beach Pier affected by Hurricane Ian?
We know that this is top-of-mind for many people who were concerned about Hurricane Ian’s path and aftermath. We are happy to report that the OIB Pier weathered the storm beautifully.Other than some additional sand washing under the pier, they haven’t reported any other damage at this time.
If you’d like to check out a few photos of the pier during the hurricane, head on over to their Facebook pageand to find the latest news, updates, and hours of operation.
Fishing Passes, Pier Parking & Pricing
The Ocean Isle Beach Fishing Pier is a great spot for fishing, where you can bring your own rods or rent fishing equipment. Fishing passes can be purchased for daily, weekly, or for season fishing. Fishermen can fish off the pier using the pier’s blanket fishing license. (The pier does not sell fishing licenses for off-property fishing.)
There is a $1 charge for adults walking the pier, admission for children under 6 is 50¢. The pier is privately owned so these funds go to help maintain the pier’s structure, lighting, and maintaining pier restrooms.
Beachgoers only pay $5 to park all day and can come and go all day. Fishermen and restaurant patrons are not required to pay to park. See the parking attendant or fishing desk staff for your vehicle pass to display on your rearview mirror. You can find more information on the pier’s website.
A Few Fun Facts About the Fishing Pier
- Did you know thatSouthern Living named Ocean Isle Beach the South’s Best Tiny Town in 2018? Yes! Locals, visitors, and vacationers all agree that Ocean Isle Beach is paradise found.
- At the center of the 7-mile island, coming over the bridge Causeway Drive ends at the Ocean Isle Beach Pier. This 968′ wooden pier has stood as a landmark of the island since it was built in 1957 by Odell and Virginia Williamson.
- It has survived countless storms, and is an iconic feature you won’t want to miss visiting during your Ocean Isle Beach vacation.
- Read more fun facts you never knew about OIB here.
Things To Do at the Pier
A trip to the pier is a family-friendly experience that everyone of every age will love. You don’t even have to be a fisherman to have a wonderful time here.
- The Pier Grill is a great place to eat a hearty breakfast or lunch. A recent addition to the pier’s edible options includes a new Soft Serve Ice Cream Parlor serving up delicious soft-serve cones, cups, cookie and candy blends, sundaes, fruity icees, and wine slushies. Yum!
- The fishing pier has a store and gift shop where you can buy packaged ice cream, candy, chips, ice, drinks, water, some beach supplies, pier t-shirts and hats, fishing bait, tackle, and rods.
- Kids love the arcade which features a large arcade room with a jukebox, video games, games of skill, games of chance, and billiards.
Check Out the Live Web Cams in OIB, Some Which Show the Pier
You can always feel like you’re right here with us 24/7 with these live OIB beach cams throughout town. Take a look at what’s happening anytime you need or want to, or when you can’t be here in person. One of the webcams shows views of the pier, too. Take a mini beach break from your desk whenever and wherever you are—and soak up the beautiful beach views.
Watch This Short Ocean Isle Beach Fishing Pier Video Tour
Would you like to take a stroll down the OIB Pier right here, right now? Well then this is the video for you. Enjoy this quick walk down the pier, relish the panoramic views of the beach and the Atlantic Ocean, and then take that inspiration to the next level by booking your next NC beach vacation. We have plenty of Ocean Isle Beach rentals available to you, so we know you’ll find the perfect one for you and your family. Sea you soon!
WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE OiB PIER?
Let us know in the comments below!